The National Bureau of Economic Research has announced a week ago that the U.S. economy is officially in a recession. We lost 22 million jobs in March and April. Some people even say that this is worse than the Great Depression.
The main difference is now, we have the internet. *cue angelic sounds*
We’re in the era of getting CRAFTY to make that schmoneyyyyy. I just posted a video on this, but if you’re more of a text person, here’s an article.
I’ll be giving you some tips on how to earn money even if you have no skills, but of course, if you’re skilled you make more money. The good news is that this is the internet, you can always learn skills.
Who am I to speak about this?
Y’all already know the drill, I was an immigrant kid trying to make my momma proud, so I decided that I’d try and find my secret talent that would make me really successful and rich.
And when I couldn’t find it I kept trying it.
I tried playing instruments, learning languages, nothing screamed THIS IS IT, but in attempting to find my talent, I realized that I had learned the one thing that’s better than talent: skill.
I learned how to learn skills.
And it’s like the saying “teach a woman how to fish, she’ll fish for a lifetime.” So I’m gonna show you ways you can make something out of nothing. All you need is a computer, internet, and that big ol’ head of yours. Alright let’s get into it. This is HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINEEEEE (with little to no skills).
- Start a YouTube channel and make passive income
- Here are the requirements to make money:
- Have more than 1,000 subscribers or more than 4000 public watch hours within the last 12 months
- Create an Adsense account let the DOLLARS ROLL IN (only, it’s not that much when you first start. The beauty with this method is that you’re making money on all of the videos you ever made over time. So the more you post, the more cash money you’ll make while you sleep).
- Make content, get sponsors. YouTube takes 45% of all the Adsense money you make, people aren’t happy about it. You can and should start making money through sponsorships to make up for shortcomings.
- How do you get sponsorships?
- You can go wild like me and start stalking people on LinkedIn seeing if they have a budget for influencer marketing, or you can sign up for an influencer market place. Tons of companies are seeing the value in micro influencers, so don’t worry about having a massive following. In fact, it’s probably better if you don’t.
- Here are some marketplaces to check out.
- Teach English online:
- If you speak English, odds are, you can teach English as a second language. This company, VIPKid, is a platform that connects online teachers to children in China for the ultimate nomadic teaching job with a cultural twist. They pay the equivalent of $15 to $22 per hour (which you set based on your availability). As long as you have high-speed WiFi you’re good to teach: hello tropical island workplace.
- Eligibility to become a teacher on VIPKID platform:
- Teacher applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Have at least two years’ experience with children
- Eligibility to work in the United States or Canada
- Sign up to be a teacher here.
- Make your own website:
- You can easily start a website and post articles, drive traffic to your site, and connect your ads to it by applying for an Adsense account. This model is similar to YouTube, more views, more ad dollars. You can also pitch sponsorships as your traffic grows. Additionally, there are affiliate platforms like CJ.com, Amazon Affiliates, and more where you can sign up and generate affiliate links. More clicks, more conversions, more money.
- If you have any skills, you can list yourself as a freelancer on Fiverr or Upwork. Whenever I need any sort of freelance work done, I usually go here. You can even look up how to be a virtual assistant and data entry if you’re not a master at Photoshop.
- It’s a review system too so it’s pretty legit and you can browse around and see how much other freelancers are charging to get an idea of what your fees should be.
- Freelance write:
- Shelby Church just made a really dope video about how she made $6000 from freelance writing on Medium.
- Medium makes money through memberships at a tag of $5/month. When members read a story and clap for it, a portion of their membership dollars goes to the writer of the story. This ratio of claps to dollars is unknown; the algorithm is kept secret by Medium, so that nobody can “game the system.” – The Write Life.
- Or you can become a copywriter:
- A copywriter gets paid to write the meat that becomes the perfect base for an advertising sandwich. In simple terms, you write “copy,” and it can range from newsletters to social media copy. The options are endless.
- I found this site to become a copywriter, but I’d recommend Googling additional sites to compare income potential!
- Sell your old clothes:
- If you’re more of a hands-on person, you can easily sell things on eBay, Postmark, or Thredup. The customers usually pay for the shipping, so all you have to do is print the label, pack it up, and ship it! Money in your pocket.
- Sell your old electronics:
- This site promises to pay you cash money for those old phones you forgot you had in the back of your drawer.
The point is there are so many ways to make money even in a recession. Hopefully this article and video have taught you how to fish for THAT COIN. Leave a comment below with other ways you know of to make money online! Let’s be the generation that bridges the massive payment inequality gap.
Start investing your $ in stocks with Acorns: the Frappuccino of investing. Here’s $5 to get started.
Sign up for a Robinhood account and buy a la carte stocks like you know what you’re doing. Here’s a free stock on me.