Different times call for different measures.
If you’re like me, you’re staying awake until 4 am watching trash television that isn’t worth losing your precious sleep over. You wake up feeling as crusty as your eyes, and your motivation is at negative 100. You’re not alone. We’re all feeling this uncertainty and it’s eating away at our motivation.
How to stop the vicious cycle:
- Make yourself a wake up playlist: if you’re having a hard time getting up, do as the champions do and create your own hype playlist that will have you rolling out of bed and dancing into productivity. Here’s my “Enjoy your life” playlist that gets me up. You’re welcome.
- Make your to-do list the night before: If all of your tasks are buzzing in your mind keeping you awake for way too damn long, lay them to rest in a to-do list before bed. That way, your brain can rest knowing that your tasks are safe and sound in a piece of paper that won’t go anywhere come morning. Plus, this is a habit of some of the most successful people in the world.
- Journal your way to sleep: If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen my 30-day journal challenge. It’s my way of bringing the world into a habit that I’ve done for over 15 years. If you’re stressed out and unable to get all the thoughts out of your head, write them down. If you’re looking for extra inspiration, go check out my highlights for daily prompts.
- Download a meditation app: Maybe you just need to relax and breathe your way into unconsciousness. Download a meditation app like Headspace, Insight Timer, or Simple Habit.
- Make sure you’re getting exercise: Being stuck in the house means our bodies are getting WAY less movement than it normally would if we could…. well, leave our damn houses. Make sure you’re doing a workout or going for a walk (if you’re allowed outside). Your mind might be restless because your body is actually restless.
Want to hear from me more often? I’ll go straight to your inbox! No spam, promise.